Saturday, July 8, 2017

Wikipedia Listened!

Some time ago, I decided to update a Wikipedia entry on George Orwell's Homage to Catalonia. I felt that even in terms of Wikipedia's usual bare-bone summary, it was still leaving out important information about Orwell's personal character during his time in Spain. The addition of mine that modified the entry most pertained to how upset Orwell was at not being able to capture an enemy telescope, despite securing a number of weapons. It being Wikipedia, I figured my entry wouldn't last long despite my citations.

However, on my most recent visit to the page, my entry remained untouched! So either my insight was so valuable no one thought they should touch it or else I'm the only person visiting this page. Either way, I consider this a victory. George Orwell can rest easy knowing that I understand his dismay at not being able to get his telescope!

No comments:

Post a Comment